© Grimsby and Cleethorpes Area Doorstep. All rights reserved
Young person's privacy notice
Sharing information with others
- Sometimes we have to confirm or share information with other organisations. If we need to do this, we will make it clear to you on the forms you complete giving us the information.
- We will draw up an agreement with the organisation that we need to share the information with as appropriate. This is so that both sides understand why the information is being passed on, and what use can be made of it. In some cases, a third party organisation, such as a funding body, may draw up the agreement.
- We will make sure that the information about you is accurate and up to date when we collect or use it. You can help us with this by keeping us informed of any changes to the information we hold about you.
- We will keep information about you secure.
- We will protect your information against unauthorised change, damage, loss or theft.
- We will hold information about you only for as long as the law says. After this, we will dispose of it securely and properly.
- We will tell you what kinds of information we hold and what we do with it.
Access and correctness
- Whenever possible, we will let you see the information we hold about you and correct it if it is wrong.
- We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, General Data Protection Regulation 2018, and any subsequent legislation on information handling and privacy.
- We will do this through the Doorstep’s Data Protection Policy.
- We will help you with any questions or problems that you may have with the Data Protection Act 1998, Human Rights Act 1998, Freedom of Information Act 2000 or General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- If we cannot help you, we will give you advice on where to write to get the information you may need.
- We will only collect information that is necessary for what we do.
- We will be fair in the way we collect information about you.
- We will tell you who we are and what we intend to do with the information about you.
- Where practicable, we will collect information directly from you.
- If we collect information about you from someone else, we will make sure you know that we have done this wherever possible.